Chicken legs 6, yogurt 6 tbsp, Coriander powder 1tsp, Cumin powder 1 tsp, Garam masala powder ½ tsp, Kasuri methi 1 tsp, Red chili powder 3-4 tsp, Pepper powder ½ tsp, Lime juice (1 big lemon), Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp, turmeric ¼ tsp, red color, chat masala, salt
- Take chicken leg pieces. Make cuts on thicker part of the flesh so that spices will be nicely applied to the chicken.
- Take 1 tsp red chili powder, salt and lemon juice (1/2 lime) in a small bowl and mix.
- Apply the above mixture to the cut parts of the chicken and keep aside.
- In a bowl take 6 tbsp yogurt (1 tbsp for 1 chicken leg), ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, salt, pepper powder, kasuri methi, turmeric, garam masala powder, cumin powder, lime juice (half lime) and mix well.
- Add red color to the above marination.
- Put chicken pieces one by one and evenly apply the marination.
- Add few drops of oil so that it will give a nice coating and color to the chicken
- Keep the chicken for about minimum 6 hours.
- After 6 hours keep the chicken in a greased tray with a bed of few vegetable cubes. (you can take cubes of carrot or potatoes) This is just to make room for the water left by the chicken, so that chicken will remain dry when roasted.
- Make sure that cuts made on the chicken will face topper side.
- Keep the tray in pre-heated oven 400-450oF for 30 minutes
- Serve hot. Optionally apply some lime juice and chat masala while serving.
Tip: Yogurt and the marinade paste should be thick , so as to get dry roasted chicken.