- 6 skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 link Portuguese chourico, sliced in rounds
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice or 1 1/2 cups other medium grain rice
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomato
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup asparagus, cut diagonally
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
- Heat oil in a large oven proof nonstick deep pan or skillet or paella pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken from pan; cover and keep warm.
- Add chourice and cook until lightly browned;.
- Add onion and bell pepper; cook for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add rice, tomato, paprika, saffron and garlic; cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add broth and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; bring to boil.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil, cover pan;.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, asparagus, and peas.
- Cover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp are no longer translucent.
Some ingredients and products can be hard to find. Have them shipped direct to your door!