Crispy Parmesan Ranch Chicken Nuggets are dipped in ranch dressing, coated in a parmesan cheese and panko, and then baked in the oven for just 10 minutes until they are golden brown and extra crispy!
Chicken nuggets are one of those foods that always seems to make my family happy. They can get old if you cook them all the time, though, especially if you’re preparing them the same way over and over.
The good thing about that is that there are so, so, soooo many different ways to prepare nuggets. Every chicken nugget is not created equally, that’s for sure!
Some people like a deep fried nugget with a nice smooth mixture crust. Some people prefer a simple egg and breadcrumb mixture. You can try out different seasonings and dipping sauces to mix things up a bit, too. I can honestly say that my family has never turned down a nugget, no matter how they’re prepared. Win for me!
This particular nugget recipe goes the breadcrumb and baking route, but not just any breadcrumbs. This recipe requires toasted panko breadcrumbs.
And by requires, I mean that the panko is key here and the toasting is, too. If you skip either step, well then I’ll have to say I told you so. Because these little guys are baked and not fried, toasting up the coarse panko makes it all pretty and crispy and, most importantly, flavorful. Then you throw in some parm for even more flavor! Yes!
The glue for all of that delicious panko and parmesan is ranch dressing, hence the ranch in parmesan ranch chicken nuggets. Dunk your chicken in just enough creamy ranch to get the breading to stick and you’re golden. Shake off the excess panko and bake them on a rack in the oven for just 10 short minutes. How easy is that?
So easy, so fast, so crispy, and delicious! I know they will becaome a part of your regular rotation just like they are for us.
Looking for more dinner ideas? Here’s a quick look back at what was on the blog around this time:
One Year Ago: Oven Roasted Pulled Pork with Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce
Two Years Ago: Seared Scallops with Creamy Bacon Corn Sauce
Three Years Ago: Mushroom Artichoke Chicken
Crispy Parmesan Ranch Chicken Nuggets
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread the breadcrumbs on a baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes or until golden brown brown. Transfer the breadcrumbs to a shallow dish to cool. Once cooled, stir in the parmesan, salt, and oil.
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch pieces. In batches, coat chicken in ranch, then coat with breadcrumbs. (See notes for tips.) Place on a wire rack placed over the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, turnping halfway through the cook time.
- I have used shredded parmesan and grated parmesan. Both will work, but I prefer the grated parmesan.
- When dipping the chicken in the ranch, be sure not to leave it too gloopy before covering with breadcrumbs. Firmly press the breadcrumbs onto the chicken and then gently shake off excess breadcrumbs before placing onto the rack.
- Adapted from The Comfort of Cooking
Some ingredients and products can be hard to find. Have them shipped direct to your door!