Crispy Baked Buffalo Drumsticks Recipe
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken drumsticks (about 16 drumsticks)
- 2 tbsp baking powder (not baking soda!)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp butter, melted (use coconut oil for paleo)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, depending on how saucy you like them
- Preheat oven to 250F and set a wire cooling rack over a large baking sheet (line the sheet with tinfoil for easier clean up). Spray rack with cooking oil (I like Kelapo coconut oil spray).
- Pat drumsticks dry and place in a large ziploc bag. Add baking powder, salt and pepper and shake vigorously to coat.
- Lay drumsticks in a single layer on prepared rack and place rack in the lower third of the oven. Bake 30 minutes, then increase temperature to 425F and move tray to upper middle rack of oven. Bake another 30 to 40 minutes, until well browned and crisp.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and buffalo sauce. Brush over drumsticks or toss them in a bowl to coat. At this point, you can return them to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes, if you like the sauce to be baked on.