Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro and Pepper-Jack Cheese Recipe
- 3 Cups roasted shredded chicken breast (or roast beef is great too)
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons chopped Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 (6 oz.) can Green Chilis (or ½ cup green salsa verde if you have that on hand)
- ¾ teaspoon Cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ Cups shredded Pepper-jack cheese
- small corn or flour tortillas
- fine sea salt
- cooking spray
- Melt your cream cheese until it’s soft and melty. Add all spices, cilantro, lime juice, green chilis, chicken and cheese to a large bowl. Mix until well blended.
- Heat your tortillas so they are soft and won’t break as much when you roll them. Add a little bit (about 2 tablespoons) of chicken mixture to each tortilla, roll and place seam side down on parchment or foil lined cookie sheet. Spray with a little olive oil spray and sprinkle with a little bit of salt. Bake in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- To freeze: As you roll your chicken Taquitos, place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet without touching. Then place cookie sheet in freezer. When Taquitos are frozen remove them from the cookie sheet and add them all to a freezer safe gallon sized bag. Label and add back to freezer. When you are ready to eat just take a few or a lot of the taquitos, place on a foil or parchment lined cookie sheet. Spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Bake in 425 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.