Boneless chicken 400 gms, ginger garlic paste 3 tsp, red chili powder 3 tsp, coriander powder 5 tsp, cumin seeds ½ tsp, onion 1, cashew nuts ½ cup, kasuri methi 1 tsp, green chilies 2-3, tomato 1, butter 2 tbsp, edible red color 2-3 drops, sugar 1 tsp, tomato ketchup 2 tsp, fresh cream ½ cup, salt
- Cut chicken into medium size pieces. Add little ginger garlic paste, red chili powder coriander powder and salt. Mix well. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Take oil in a pan. Fry the chicken pieces. Do not cook too much.
- Remove chicken from the pan.
- In the remaining oil add little cumin seeds and chopped onion. Then add little ginger garlic paste. Sauté for a while. Add about ½ cup water. Make sure that all the spices set at bottom when we fried chicken, are dissolved in water. If not, you can stir little bit so that bottom of the pan is cleared.
- Add 2 tbsp coriander powder, cashew nuts, 2 tsp red chili powder, Kasuri methi and green chilies.
- Add chopped tomato, stir for a while and allow to cook on a medium flame for about 5-10 minutes.
- Let the mixture to cool down. Transfer the same to mixer grinder to turn it into a fine paste or puree
- Add butter to a pan. Add extra oil (if any) left by the chicken. Transfer the contents of the mixer grinder to the pan.
- Adjust the texture of the gravy by adding hot water. It should be smooth and silky.
- Add salt. Optionally add few drops of red color (dissolved in water) to give it restaurant like look.
- Add little amount of sugar and few drops tomato ketchup
- Add ½ cup fresh cream. Mix well and finally add chicken pieces to the gravy. Boil for a minute or two. Serve Hot.